The Shun Kanso 3-Piece Starter Set includes three of the most vital pieces of kitchen cutlery. The set is built around the Shun Kanso 8-in. Chef's Knife, the one knife you are sure to use every time you cook. On the other end of the scale is the Shun Kanso Paring Knife, ideal for all those trimming and peeling tasks. This beautiful set also includes the Shun Kanso 6-in. Utility Knife—perfect for in-between-sized tasks. This attractive set comes in a tasteful box suitable for storage or gift-giving.
- 3-piece set provides the essential kitchen cutlery every kitchen needs
- AUS10A blade; high-carbon stainless steel offers strength, corrosion resistance, hardness, and wear resistance; added vanadium refines the steel grain enabling a razor-sharp 16° edge, each side
- Contoured tagayasan (or wenge) wood handle; known as “iron sword wood,” it is noted for its denseness, durability, and beauty
- Full-tang construction for durability and precision balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Features + Details
- Use Peeling & Paring, Slicing, Cheese & Charcuterie
- Blade Shape Chef, Utility, Paring
- Country of Origin Japan
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- These knives are not designed to cut through bones or very thick-skinned vegetables.
- For this heavier kitchen work, we suggest purchasing the Shun Classic Meat Cleaver (DM0767), or Shun Classic 8” Western Chef’s Knife (DM0766) to add to your set.
These Knives are NOT designed to be used on bone or very thick-skinned vegetables.
Hand wash only (no dishwasher) and dry immediately after use.
Shun Knives have a limited lifetime warranty (Please see Support on home page for all information).