Kaji is Japanese for “blacksmith” and synonymous for the geniality of manufacturing ultimately sharp Samurai swords. For centuries their perfected art of forging formed the basis for the world-wide recognition of sword craftsmen of Seki; only the very best would be called Kaji.
As is the knife series which will set new standards in the premium segment not only with it's exceptional hardness of 64 ±1 HRC. The stainless steel blade is made from a specially developed 32-layer Damascus steel and an extremely hard SG2 core, resulting in a very sharp and long lasting blade. The special feature of this series is the mirror-finish Damascus blade that turns each Kaji into a visual highlight.
The riveted handle is of fine laminates Pakka wood that is comfortable to use by both left and right-handers because of it's symmetric form. Kaji stands for the symbiosis of traditional craft, state-of-the-art technology and uncompromising elegance – a highlight for professional and ambitious hobby chefs.
A premium Kaji line by Shun, this versatile little Japanese-made knife blends new technology with centuries-old traditions of handcraftsmanship. Use it for making small precise cuts when peeling, trimming and coring fresh produce.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Designed for excellent maneuverability for peeling, coring and trimming tasks.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed