Kaji is Japanese for “blacksmith” and synonymous for the geniality of manufacturing ultimately sharp Samurai swords. For centuries their perfected art of forging formed the basis for the world-wide recognition of sword craftsmen of Seki; only the very best would be called Kaji.
As is the knife series which will set new standards in the premium segment not only with it's exceptional hardness of 64 ±1 HRC. The stainless steel blade is made from a specially developed 32-layer Damascus steel and an extremely hard SG2 core, resulting in a very sharp and long lasting blade. The special feature of this series is the mirror-finish Damascus blade that turns each Kaji into a visual highlight.
The riveted handle is of fine laminates Pakka wood that is comfortable to use by both left and right-handers because of it's symmetric form. Kaji stands for the symbiosis of traditional craft, state-of-the-art technology and uncompromising elegance – a highlight for professional and ambitious hobby chefs.
A premium Kaji line by Shun, these chef's knives are indispensable for chopping, dicing, mincing and slicing fruits and vegetables. Crafted in Japan, their strong, razor-sharp blades merge new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
Made in Japan, this versatile knife by Shun performs impeccably on everything from summer tomatoes to winter squashes. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Japanese-style knife designed for efficiently chopping, slicing and mincing fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Long, slender blade is hollow ground with indentations that keep slices from sticking.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- 4 1/4" knife: 4 1/4"-long blade.
- 6 1/2" knife: 6 1/2"-long blade.
- Handcrafted in Japan.